Preparing a salad such as this and eating it for a few days until it is gone is a great way to subside cravings and feed your body! Avoid skipping meals at all costs – it slows down your metabolism and makes you more likely to overeat at your next meal – both bad news.
Our bodies need to be fed often and ironically, this is the best way to stay fit…assuming we eat healthy.
You are doing yourself a huge disservice by starving, whether on purpose or by getting too busy to eat right and on time. I am a much happier person when I have food. GOOD food that is.
- One box of herbed chicken (or Parmesan) Couscous, cooked according to the back of the package (located by the Uncle Ben’s rice) * I like adding this because it does a great job of filling me up as a healthy carbohydrate for energy and it offers a nice service of protein to help feed your muscles. Quinoa works too/.
- Mini cucumbers, chopped..I add a lot of them (I like to leave the skin on)
- Orange and red bell peppers, chopped
- Sprouts, chopped
- Sweet potato cooked and chopped (poke with a knife and cook in microwave for 5 min or so depending on the size) – adding a cooked sweet potato is like finding random Skittles in your salad – Love it!
- One bunch of green onions, chopped
- 6 hard boiled egg whites (get rid of the yolk)
- Cherry tomatoes chopped
- Chicken (any kind of chicken, e.g. leftovers, canned chicken, rotisserie, or boiled)
- Newman’s Balsamic dressing (light)
- Original Le Parisien Vinaigrette (optional) This is from Costco.. it is the creamy vinaigrette and is so good!
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Salt to taste
- Take out or add anything else that floats your boat- (avocado, edamame,carrots,sugar snap peas, etc)
Dump all the above ingredients into a large bowl and mix.