I’ve decided that when, and if I make it to Heaven… This dessert, along with frosted cupcakes will be waiting for me. I’m a lemon~lover… It’s definitely one of my most favorite desserts of all time.Ever since I was a little girl, we always had strawberry shortcake with either yellow cake or angel food cake. Then one day I cam across this HEAVENLY lemon velvet cake and now, just plain lemon cake doesn’t hold a candle to it now.
Hurry and make this before all of the strawberries are not juicy and perfect.
P.S. You will be caught eating it all hours of the night. It’s a terrible addiction. I love it. I make this cake year round. Hope you do too!
LEMON VELVET CAKE:
- 1 yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 package instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup water
- mix 2 minutes with an electric mixer
- pour into a greased 9×13 pan
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes (it turns pretty golden brown on top so don’t be worried)
- while hot, prick with a meat fork about 1 inch apart all over
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons butter
*drizzle over cake while still hot.
-slice berries (or any berry), sprinkle with sugar and refrigerate before eating
Whip cream/cool whip on top
You’re going to thank me later 🙂
mmm mmm mmm!
note: this is amazing with just vanilla ice cream as well